Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Super rip off

What if we take a not-that-charming forty year old, a crying Arwen on drugs and nymphomaniac Ellen Page and put them all in a total rip off of Kick Ass? Well, I think we will get a bad rip off of Kick Ass.
Super is not super. It has a potential (or giving it its right name, it’s ripping off already existing script), it has some good acting and it has some nice graphical editing. But besides that it literally has nothing. Except for two rape scenes, on of which I might never forget about.
It tries to be smart and witty, but it turns out absurd and ugly. I have nothing against violence in the movies, actually I am a big fan of gore horror films, but if violence is the only thing that takes Super one step further from Kick Ass, then I will just say thank you very much for a free film but I am never willing to pay anything for your dvd release. And it’s sad because Kick Ass is definitely one of my favourite films. When I went to see Super I still hoped it is just the inspiration that they took from Kick Ass, but I promise, they literally use the same lines.
I can’t be bothered to spend time describing the plot because it’s basically

and it makes me so angry
but the only different lies in (as I have already said), the amount of violence
Super has this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44rUlHYg-MU
and under these circumstances it seems it has been written.
Do I hate it? Of course I don’t. I am just indifferent towards bad rip offs.
I hate you, James Gunn.
You and your Scooby Doo 2 film. If you at least did the first one, I might have had some respect left.
Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment