Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Guillermo del Toro and how many films I have seen...

Because I have received the invitation for the press screening of Don't Be Afraid of Dark today, I have decided to write as much about Guillermo del Toro as I can without actually looking for trivia about him, and surprisingly the only thing I can think of is that most of the films I've seen thinking they were directed by Guillermo del Toro WERE NOT directed by Guillermo del Toro. It's because of this horrible line saying 'by the creator of' everywhere on the posters and trailers that I have been mislead for so long. Thus, I have checked IMDB to see how many films DIRECTED by Guillermo del Toro I have actually seen (and if I liked them).
(bear with me, I am only know learning how to use iphoto):
(and no, I haven't seen Devil's Backbone)
So overall I have seen two films and these are Hellboy 2 and Pan's Labyrinth and I liked Pan's Labyrinth more than Hellboy 2.
So why is he so famous again?
Because he is a great writer.
So next time someone you know chooses Guillermo del Toro as their favourite director, tell them they don't know shit.

P.S. He didn't direct Don't Be Afraid of Dark either! That bastard!

1 comment: